Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy-to-prepare dish that's a great way to use up that leftover turkey. Served over egg noodles, it's a great alternative to regular leftovers.
- 2 lbs turkey, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- sour cream (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except egg noodles, in crock pot.
- Stir in one soup can of water.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Prepare egg noodles per package directions.
- Serve stroganoff over noodles.
- Add dollop of sour cream if preferred.
This was a delicious recipe. It kind of reminded me of tuna casserole but with turkey instead. I forgot to get mushrooms so I did not add those. I was going to knock off a star or 2 because of the cooking time though but my BH told me that I shouldn't since the recipe was so good but if i were too have cooked this on low in my crockpot for 8 hours it would have been charcoal. The recipe is just not big enough to cook it for that long. I cooked it on low for 2 hours and it was already starting to stick. Not a good idea unless just maybe you are tripling the recipe. I probably would not even cook it for 8 hours then. That is just my advice though. Other than that, the recipe is excellent and we will be making this again. Thank you.