Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My parent's recipe. They do this regularly. Only 4 ingredients and 2 steps! All you have to do is add cooked noodles and a salad.
- 1 large turkey leg (or thigh)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Mix chicken broth, wine and poultry seasoning together in a crock pot, and place turkey pieces in liquid.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours until meat is done and tender.
- If gravy is preferred, heat liquid on stove and add a water-flour roux. Stir until thickened.
Very good and easy! I made a few changes to this recipe - I used one turkey drumstick and one turkey thigh (forgot what was required when I went to the store so bought one of each!), 1 cup water and 2 bouillion cubes (out of chicken broth) and tarragon instead of poultry seasoning (out of the seasoning). At the end I shredded the turkey and tossed it back in the crockpot with some egg noodles and frozen mixed vegetables (about 1/2 cup)along with more water to cook the noodles - cooked on high for 30 minutes. I think it would have been better if I cooked the noodles and vegetables separately -- but all in all a good and easy supper. Thanks for sharing!