Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Just as good as sloppy joes and lower in fat!
Make and share this Crock Pot Turkey Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 19.71 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml cider vinegar
- 9.85 ml molasses
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml paprika
- Brown turkey with onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot; mix well.
- Add turkey mixture and 1 cup water; stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
I'm giving this dish three stars because although it was good, in my opinion it can be improved upon. After mixing the ingredients in the crockpot, I found it to be rather bland. I ended up adding more salt, chili powder and paprika, and to increase the flavor I also added garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Next time I will add more tomato paste also because it was a little on the runny side. But altogether, not a bad dish and an easy idea for dinner.
It is just as good as beef sloppy joes. Dh was especially fond of this and thought it made a great tortilla filling and mounded some of it on nachos.
What great turkey sloppy joes! This will be the only recipe I use from now on! Light tasting, not heavy and greasy. A mild sauce that goes so well with the ground turkey. My DD said these were very good and had no idea it was ground turkey and not ground round. A winner at our house!