Recipe by bmcnichol
We love turkey drumsticks made in the crock pot!
Top Review by KCShell
The enchilada sauce, green chili's and spices are a perfect combination for these turkey drumsticks. I found that my brand new, not supposed to over cook my food crockpot had overcooked the drumsticks at 6 hours so if you are familiar with how your crockpot works, you shouldn't have any problems adjusting the time. We all enjoyed the flavor anyway, despite the fact that they were dry. My poor husband is used to over cooked meat. I do it all the time, with or without a crockpot! Thanks bmcnichol! KCShell
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 turkey drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, chilies, oregano, garlic salt and cumin.
- Place the drumsticks in crock pot and top with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Strain sauce into a saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey.