Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe by with trial and error and a bit of luck. It is also SUPER easy to throw together. It would probably be great with ground beef, too. Feel free to add more cayenne if you like more heat.
- 793.78 g can whole tomatoes, drained
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 198.44 g canchopped green chilies
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml bacon grease
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 453.59 g ground turkey, cooked through
- 1 of a 14 ounce can Guinness stout
- 14.79 ml bacon drippings
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 2 dried New Mexico chiles
- 453.59 g can red kidney beans
- 453.59 g can chili beans, in sauce
- 453.59 g can white beans
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- Throw everything but the beans into the crock pot.
- Break up the whole tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Set to high for at least 6 hours.
- Add beans 30-45 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- Remove ancho and new mexico chiles before serving.
- Top with cheddar cheese and enjoy.