1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Turkey Chili
480 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey (not ground turkey breast, too dry!)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 large dried New Mexico chile, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1Heat 1 tbs. oil in skillet. Saute onions and garlic until soft, and slightly browned. Put into crock pot.
- 2Heat remaining oil and brown ground turkey (I use ground dark meat, not as dry as breast meat when cooked). Put meat into crock pot.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir together.
- 4Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- 5Serve in large bowls, with cornbread on side.
- 6Optional toppings at table: Diced red or sweet yellow onion. Shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese. Sour cream.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (833 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 179.3 mg
- Sodium 2269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 56.6 g