Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Beware... this is a pretty hot chili. Ground beef can be substituted for ground turkey. Freezes very well.
- 1⁄2 lb turkey bacon (or regular bacon)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel chili fixins tomatoes (or other diced tomatoes)
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 ounces sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Fry bacon until it starts to brown, cut into bite size pieces and put into crock pot.
- Brown the ground turkey with onions.
- Combine ground turkey, kidney and pinto beans, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and chicken broth and add to crock pot.
- Use food processor or mini-prep to puree garlic, tomato, and jalapeno peppers and add to crock pot.
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot and let it cook for 6-8 hours on low.
Yum! This was really good, spicey but not fire hot. Can't wait to make it again.
I modified this a bit and spiced it up and it turned out really good. I used a can of fat free refried beans and a can of cannelini beans and added some more garlic and other spices. Thanks!
My family did not like this recipe at all. I expected to walk into the house to a wonderful smelling crockpot of chili after a long day of work, and it just wasn't like that. It was very bland. The great crockpot chili recipe search continues on. . .