Recipe by madriley61
I like to think of this as a one pot Thanksgiving dinner. I believe its from Southern Living Magazine. I want to thank Pinky Kookie for posting it for me in the Community Forums.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 -5 lbs boneless turkey breast, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop apples (with or without peels) and mix with stuffing mix, onion, dried fruit, thyme, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Place mixture in the bottom of a 4-5 quart crock pot.
- Pour chicken stock over mixture making sure all the stuffing is well covered.
- Place turkey on top of stuffing.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the turkey reaches 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.