Recipe by Sue Lau
A simple but easy and tasty way to make a boneless turkey breast.
Top Review by Ms Delicious Dish
THIS IS A GREAT IDEA & RECIPE! I don't know that I will ever make a turkey in the oven again. I have a 7 qty crock pot and used an 8 lb de-thawed BONE-IN Turkey Breast. I added the recommended spices, 2 bay leaves, 10 cloves of garlic, 1 cup chopped carrots, 1 cup chopped celery and one chopped medium onion. I added 1 can chicken of chicken broth, not all 3. It made a lot of gravy (after the turkey was cooked I strained out the veggies, removed the fat and added 2 packs dry of turkey gravy mix). Thanks so much for this great recipe!!!
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs boneless turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3 (14 ounce) cans reduced-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove turkey from wrapper and set gravy packet in refrigerator for the time being.
- Leave netting on turkey breast and keep the turkey in one piece; rub turkey down on both sides with poultry seasoning and set in crock pot.
- Add 2 cans of chicken broth to the crock pot, set to low, and cook for 8-10 hours.
- At about the 5-6 hour mark, turn the turkey over, and add one more can of broth to the crock pot.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove turkey from the pot and place in a shallow baking pan, remove the netting, rub the top with butter, and set under a broiler in the oven to crisp up a bit.
- Allow the turkey to sit 15 minutes before cutting.
- If you wish, use a portion of the pan juices to pour over some of your dressing/stuffing if you made some to give it extra flavor.
- Use the remaining pan juices mixed with the gravy packet in a saucepan on the stove, heated with some cornstarch or flour to make a gravy for the meat.