This is a great recipe that I use when I need a lot of moist flavorful cooked chicken/turkey. It's great for salads, enchiladas etc. The breast is even moist enough to slice up and serve for dinner or put on sandwiches.
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Rub turkey all over with the oil.
- Carefully pull back skin over breast and rub with seasonings.
- Place breast, meaty side up into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Peel the onion, cut it into quarters and place around the edges of the pot.
- Peel the garlic cloves and place around the sides of the cooker (maybe rub some minced under the skin).
- Cook for 9 hours if frozen or 7 ½ hours if not frozen on low or to 170 degree internal temperature.
- Let bird rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Discard vegetables.