4 hrs 15 mins
This makes a wonderfully easy appetizer that is great to serve with tortilla chips, hearty crackers, breadsticks or whatever you like! The bacon can be easily cooked in a microwave oven before adding to the crock pot. I usually just place the bacon strips without overlapping on a paper towel on a plate. I usually cook it for 1 minute per slice but it depends on your microwave and the thickness of the bacon. It's easier to cool the bacon before crumbling it so you don't burn yourself. The jalapeno is optional depending on if you like it spicy. I used a 5-quart crock pot for this recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I see some stores even have spicy ketchup which would be great in this)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- hot sauce, dash
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1Brown the ground turkey in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat; drain.
- 2Spoon meat into slow cooker.
- 3Add all other ingredients to slow cooker; mix well.
- 4Cover and cook on low 4 hours or on high 2 hours.
- 5Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, corn chips or breadsticks.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Turkey, Bean & Bacon Dip
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.7
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 634.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g