Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a wonderfully easy appetizer that is great to serve with tortilla chips, hearty crackers, breadsticks or whatever you like! The bacon can be easily cooked in a microwave oven before adding to the crock pot. I usually just place the bacon strips without overlapping on a paper towel on a plate. I usually cook it for 1 minute per slice but it depends on your microwave and the thickness of the bacon. It's easier to cool the bacon before crumbling it so you don't burn yourself. The jalapeno is optional depending on if you like it spicy. I used a 5-quart crock pot for this recipe. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (I see some stores even have spicy ketchup which would be great in this)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- hot sauce, dash
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Brown the ground turkey in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat; drain.
- Spoon meat into slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours or on high 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, corn chips or breadsticks.