Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
An excellent way to serve leftover holiday turkey!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté chopped onion and green pepper in the vegetable oil just until softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the creamed corn, eggs, evaporated milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion and chopped turkey.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased crock pot (3 1/2 or 4-quart size).
- Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.