Recipe by Bunlady
Wonderful way to use up those holiday leftovers. Just throw in crock pot and go do your Christmas Shopping and when you come home dinner will be ready to go.
Top Review by mums the word
We enjoyed this recipe but I did find the sauce was really thin, so I only added half of the sour cream at the end and I did thicken the sauce with cornstarch. If I make this again, I would reduce the milk to 1 C and leave the sour cream at 1C too. Oh, and I also added a bit of poultry seasoning. Thanks for the recipe Bunlady!
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 cup canned mushroom
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 16 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In crock pot mix together all ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer on low at least 3 hours or you can let it simmer all day on low. About 1/2 hour before you serve add sour cream and mix well. When it come3s back up to desired temperature it is ready to serve.
- Serve over biscuite, Mashed potatoes, or toast points.