Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Wonderful way to use up those holiday leftovers. Just throw in crock pot and go do your Christmas Shopping and when you come home dinner will be ready to go.
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 cup canned mushroom
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 16 ounces sour cream
- In crock pot mix together all ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer on low at least 3 hours or you can let it simmer all day on low. About 1/2 hour before you serve add sour cream and mix well. When it come3s back up to desired temperature it is ready to serve.
- Serve over biscuite, Mashed potatoes, or toast points.
We enjoyed this recipe but I did find the sauce was really thin, so I only added half of the sour cream at the end and I did thicken the sauce with cornstarch. If I make this again, I would reduce the milk to 1 C and leave the sour cream at 1C too. Oh, and I also added a bit of poultry seasoning. Thanks for the recipe Bunlady!
awesome dinner! I put frozen chopped green and red peppers. Left it in the crockpot for over 8 hours so by the time we ate most of the peppers and mushrooms had melted into the dinner. I might want to use more. Also had these over the grand biscuits. It was really great! We will make this again and again. Thanks Bunlady!
delicious....I used more like 3 cups of cubed turkey and a 10 oz. package of sliced mushrooms.