Recipe by LARavenscroft
The flavors of traditional apple crisp mixed with orange marmalade, pineapple and coconut to give this classic dessert a tropical taste.
Top Review by Susie D
This is a very good crockpot dessert. My only issue would be the topping is better crispy from the oven, but this IS crockpot cooking. That said, the flavors are lovely. A well balanced blend of fruit added a spark to the traditional apple crisp. We didn't find this overly sweet and loved the hint of nutmeg throughout. I will be making this again at hubby's request. His remark was "Don't lose this recipe!" Thank you for your creative entry in the Craze-E Category Contest.
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine apple juice and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add orange marmalade, apples, pineapple, coconut and spices.
- Transfer to a crock pot that has been sprayed with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until crumbly.
- Crumble over top of mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.