Recipe by CandyTX
I was looking for a good hot chocolate recipe for a December book club meeting and found this... I can't wait to try it!
Top Review by Sarah Cox
Pretty tasty. The bittersweet chocolate never fully dissolves for me, but floats on the top and gathers at the bottom, which is sort of frustrating. I definitely don't get six servings from this - closer to three, three and a half (using 6-8 oz mugs, not oversized). Doubling the recipe is easy, though. I recommend it not only because it produces more but because the smaller amount (especially once some mugs have been poured) gets a little too hot in the crockpot. Convenient for parties. Have made a few times and will continue.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate square
- 1 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking square
- 3⁄4 cup whipped cream
- 6 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cocoa, salt and 1/2 cup milk in medium bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Add remaining milk and vanilla extract.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Add cream; cover and cook on LOW for 10 minutes.
- Stir in bittersweet and white chocolates.
- Pour hot chocolate into 6 coffee cups.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and 1 teaspoon chocolate chips.