Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An authentic mexican Tortilla Soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans (unseasoned)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- avocado, diced
- shredded cheese
- Pour all canned goods (do not drain them) into 3 qt crock pot. Add crushed tortilla chips. Set to cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. If desired - you can add 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken in the last hour.
- Spoon into bowls -- top with crushed tortillas, sour cream, avocado dices, cheese, etc -- let your imagination go wild.
Nothing wrong with it, but ended up not being to my taste. The corn flavor took over and the broth was thinner than I like. If you're looking for a slightly sweet, thin soup, look no further! :)