Recipe by Marla Swoffer
This was born shortly after my now five week-old daughter when I needed to literally just throw dinner together, frozen chicken breasts and all. I was thrilled it turned out so flavorful and filling.
Top Review by musiclvr
I would like to try unthawed at some point but love that I could throw in FROZEN chicken. Added other chicken pieces and my father (who I make meals for) loved it. Poppa is 75 runs 8 to 10 miles a day and is picky about what goes in his body. I work 1.5 hours away from work and count on the crock pot to feed my husband and youngest son AND my daddy who lives a few blocks away. Your recipe was a hit and I really thank you! Frany from North Highlands
- 4 chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (7 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay chicken breasts on bottom of crock pot.
- Pour everything else over the top and stir (without moving the chicken).
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours (I actually cooked it on medium for about 5 hours).
- If you're home, stir once in a while, as the chicken and potatoes soften, to break them up a bit, though it will probably also work to do that when it's all done.