Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
YUMMM! I love chili and I love salsa verde, so combined....makes a yum chili!
Make and share this Crock Pot Tomatillo Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 236.59 ml tomatillo salsa
- 1 green pepper, large, diced and seeded
- 1 yellow onion, large, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 439.41 g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 0 optional- sliced scallion, lime wedges, and sour cream, for garnish*
- *I had a hard time finding ancho chile pwd so I just used regular chile pwd. Worked just fine.
- * You can definately use less meat. I've used both the 2 lbs. and just 1 lb. before and it was still delicious!
- Combine broth, salsa, green pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt, in base of slow cooker.
- Crumble in pork and beef.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Break up meat with spoon
- Stir in beans and cilantro.
- Garnish with scallions, lime, and sour cream.