Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
YUMMM! I love chili and I love salsa verde, so combined....makes a yum chili!
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 green pepper, large, diced and seeded
- 1 yellow onion, large, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- optional- sliced scallion, lime wedges, and sour cream, for garnish*
- *I had a hard time finding ancho chile pwd so I just used regular chile pwd. Worked just fine.
- * You can definately use less meat. I've used both the 2 lbs. and just 1 lb. before and it was still delicious!
- Combine broth, salsa, green pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt, in base of slow cooker.
- Crumble in pork and beef.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Break up meat with spoon
- Stir in beans and cilantro.
- Garnish with scallions, lime, and sour cream.