Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the amazing blog A Year of Crock Potting. Apparently she got the recipe from Rachael Ray when she was on that show. I must admit, it's a good recipe :) This is how I made it, a little different than hers, but still very good. I used bone in, skin on thighs but will remove the skin next time. The bones were easy to pick out and add some nutrition to the long cooked sauce. This amount of sauce could use maybe one more thigh, or more meat and less vegetables. Use the curry paste you like best; I used yellow. Yellow is the mildest Thai curry so use caution if you aren't used to the heat. In the end it's not take out quality, but it is hot and ready when you get home and a whole lot cheaper than the same amount of take out. Certainly worth a try and good even for crock pot newbies!
- Peel and chop all the vegetables.
- Combine the sauce ingredients (from ginger down) in the bottom of your crock pot. Add the chicken and stir or flip to get the sauce all over the chicken.
- Add the vegetables on top of the chicken. Don't worry about stirring.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. I cooked mine on low for 7 hours and wished it had been 6. Every crock pot is different so keep an eye on it if you can.
- Stir everything gently to combine and serve over rice.