Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. I generally free hand the recipe, so it's all approximation. The sauce is so great that we usually double it so it can be served over rice as well. The sweet chili to sambal oelek ratio is very easily adjusted to your personal tastes. I am posting the milder ratio here. Posting so I can't lose it again!
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sambal oelek
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine first 6 ingredients in crockpot. Add chicken breasts (or thighs)
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Top with peanuts and cilantro in the bowl.
Family loved it. <br/>Easy to cook.<br/>It is a keeper.
We're in the process of making this ... We're a bit concerned - because it seems to not have enough liquid. Was yours like that? Thanks!