Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Here's a great make-ahead recipe that will offer a warm welcome after a long day.
- 2 lbs beef caps, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce, medium or 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce, mild
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 carrots, scraped and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a 3- or 4-quart electric slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine water and flour, stirring until smooth; stir into meat mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook stew, uncovered on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.