1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Texas Hash
7 hrs 20 mins
A very delicious, yet simple comfort food that everyone enjoys. Many, many ago, we were invited for dinner. As the hostess served this from the crock pot, I kicked my "meat and potatoes" DH under the table, knowing he was wondering "What is that???" He licked his plate clean, commented how good it was, and went back for seconds...and thirds. The 4 of us ate the entire 6 servings! On cold winter evenings, DH still requests this often. POTLUCK SUGGESTION: When "hash" is done and still very hot, spread in 9x13-inch casserole dish, top with spring onions and cheese; cover with foil or lid. Cheese will be melted by the time you arrive. You'll return with an empty dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs venison
- 2 medium onions, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers (1-1/2 cups) or 2 red bell peppers, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or grated (3/4 cup) (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced spring onion (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef, breaking meat into small pieces, cooking until pink disappears from meat.
- 2Pour into colander and drain.
- 3Place cooked meat and all other ingredients into crock pot and stir thoroughly.
- 4Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6-8 hours.
- 5***If you can still see individual grains of rice, keep cooking it until they disappear.
- 6Sprinkle cheese and spring onions over each serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Texas Hash
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.7
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 1666.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 51.9 g