Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is so good on a cold winter day and it's also easy to prepare.
Make and share this Crock Pot Texas Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 lb round steak (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Place cut up steak in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover with sliced onion.
- Mix taco seasoning and water and pour over.
- Dump in salsa and green chilies.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Put corn chips in bottom of bowl and cover with chili.
- Top with cheese.
I have a sore throat and cold right now and this feels and tastes wonderful going down. I like how easy this is to prepare and serve. I also did not use the corn chips or cheddar cheese. Instead I ate a mug of this wonderful chili with a nice fresh dinner roll. Thank you for making a sick person feel better. :)
I live in Texas and call this GREAT ! Taco season or chili season work great. Thanks for sharing a great recipe !!
This was simple and good, I used some left over stew meat and some fresh peppers from the garden, and I will definitely make again.