Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Love this barbecue recipe. Adatped from Light and Tasty.
- 1 (4 lb) boneless sirloin tip roast
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can spicy vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half and place in crockpot.
- Combine the V8 juice, water, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with forks and return to slow cooker and heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll.
Very good recipe. At the end, I took out all of the liquid and drained off the fat. I then only mixed about 2 cups of liquid to the shredded meat (so it wasn't too soupy) and added 2 tbsp of ketchup to thicken it up. Tasty! NOTE: This was even BETTER as leftovers the next day, so increased it to a full 5 stars! Served on sweet Hawaiian rolls and topped them off with dill pickles. FABULOUS after you let the flavors mix in the fridge overnight!
Really good recipe! Lots of flavour & tender beef! I followed the recipe exactly - no need to change a thing. My husband is a big eater but I still don't think this would have been enough to feed 16 people - 8-10 would probably be more realistic.