Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A simple and tasty fusion meal.
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup pitted black olives (sliced)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce drained (keep the sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 4 large flour tortillas or 9 small flour tortillas
- 800 g grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- sour cream (optional)
- In a skillet, brown hamburger and onions until onions are tender.
- Add 1/2 cup olives, tomato sauce, chili beans, red pepper, soy sauce, garlic, and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease crockpot.
- Line bottom of crock pot with one layer of tortillas, cut as needed to fit crockpot size.
- Layer 1/3 meat mixture on top of tortilla layer.
- Top with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice and top with final tortilla layer.
- Spread final 200 grams of cheese over tortilla top.
- Mix reserved chili bean sauce and tomato juice.
- Pour over cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1/4cup olives.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 – 5 hours.
- For added flavor make an "a La" with a dollop of sour cream .
sounds good, going to try it. thanks