Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love crock pot recipes and this is one I have made over and over. I use the boneless chicken tenders, which are just the right size. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese; cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir well just before serving.
- Top with the shredded cheese and serve over rice.
The meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender! The flavors go beautifully. Thanks!
I generally cant stand crock pot recipes--though i wish i did. This is not runny and watery at the end and it was very good. I used boneless skinless thighs--not cut up at all. And i skipped the corn because i didn't have any. Also i used part salsa and part taco sauce so the kiddies wouldn't gripe about the tomato chunks. I will make this many more times!!
WOW! This was sooooo good, I made it for my family along with some Spanish Rice and turned around it was all gone! The only difference I did was I did not have the peppers but my salsa had some, so it came out fine! this is a for sure receipe being handed around to my friends & family.