Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from Menu Planning Central
- 2 lbs beef flank steaks
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- hot cooked rice (optional) or noodles (optional)
- Slice steak into 1/8-inch slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot and stir to combine.
- Place meat in crock pot and stir to incorporate.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles, if desired.
not really sure what to think about this one. i made it thinking it would have really good flavor and it just didn't do it for me. i also added some frozen broccoli that got a little mushy while cooking- i think i may have put the broccoli in a little too soon. possibly will try this one again- will have to think about it.
I'm vegetarian so I didn't eat this myself but hubby said it was good. I served with fried rice and egg foo yung.
We enjoyed this! I would have given 5 stars, but it was too salty. Next time I will use low sodium soy sauce or substitute water for some of it. I added a can of sliced water chestnuts and some broccoli, as well as cornstarch slurry to thicken it, the last half hour. Served over rice. Yum!