Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I love teriyaki sandwiches and this is an easy way to make the beef.
Top Review by Snicklefritzie
This is really good. And the smell - wafting through the house!! This is very easy. I halved the recipe and within about 3 hours on low, it was falling apart tender. I also forgot the cornstarch step, but next time I will definitely do that. With homemade plum sauce and green onions, oooh, yeah baby!!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 8 French rolls, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- shredded Chinese cabbage
- sliced pineapple ring
- chopped green onion
- plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from steak; cut into thin, bite-sized slices. In a 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow-cooker, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Stir in meat. Cover; cook on the LOW setting for 7 to 9 hours or on the HIGH setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove meat from juices. Pour juices into a measuring cup; skim fat. Measure 1 1/2 cups juices (add water if necessary); place in a saucepan. Stir together cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons water; add to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cooked meat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, brush rolls lightly with margarine. Place, cut side up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Top bottom halves of the toasted rolls with meat mixture and desired toppings. Cover with roll tops.