Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great recipe for the football crowd, potluck, or family get-together. In lieu of broiling, I often grill the chicken for the specified broiling time to avoid clean-up and heating the house up with the broiler. Another tip, dependent upon how much chicken you intend to make, I usually make enough sauce to almost cover the meat.
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- Skin and rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Broil (or grill) chicken 7 minutes each side.
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
this was yummy - i made it with chicken breasts, since that's all I ever have...i made a little extra sauce, and I'm glad I did, because it would not have been enough to cover the chicken if I hadn't...the picky boyfriend loved it :-)
I couldn't really eat it, too sweet. It would be great it was slightly sweet with a savory flavor, but the sugar was a little overwhelming. It definitely has potential to be something I would eat in the future, but I would cut down on the sugar. Thanks for posting.
This is good. I serve it with white rice and pour the juices over it. yummy!