Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
These are great to take to a pot luck or picnic.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 2 onions, cut into quarters and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, cut and drained
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Drain saving 2 tablespoons of pan drippings.
- Sauté the onions in the drippings until tender.
- Add in the brown sugar,vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the onions are brown.
- Combine the beans in the crock pot.
- Add the onions mix and bacon; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beans are tender.
I took these to a potluck as well. Came home with an empty pot. I did add some BBQ sauce and extra garlic. Very easy to prepare and tasted like the "real" thing without all the soaking etc. Thanks for the recipe Rebekah826
Yummy!! These were very good beans. They went together quickly and were very easy to make. It seemed like it was an odd combination of beans, but they worked together very well. My family loved these. Thanks for sharing.
I did take these to Potluck the other day,and everybody thought they were good including me. Very easy to make,and carry in the crockpot. Thanks, Darlene Summers