Recipe by ~Bekah~
These are great to take to a pot luck or picnic.
Top Review by Tebo
I took these to a potluck as well. Came home with an empty pot. I did add some BBQ sauce and extra garlic. Very easy to prepare and tasted like the "real" thing without all the soaking etc. Thanks for the recipe Rebekah826
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 2 onions, cut into quarters and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, cut and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Drain saving 2 tablespoons of pan drippings.
- Sauté the onions in the drippings until tender.
- Add in the brown sugar,vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the onions are brown.
- Combine the beans in the crock pot.
- Add the onions mix and bacon; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beans are tender.