8 hrs 3 mins
Claudia Dawn's Note:
This recipe couldn't be easier! The "tang" comes from the cranberry sauce (one of the just 5 ingredients used in this recipe).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the onion soup mix in the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Place the rump roast in next.
- 3Spoon the cranberry sauce around and over the roast.
- 4Cover and cook on low 8 - 12 hours.
- 5Remove roast from crock pot and allow to rest while you thicken the gravy.
- 6Turn the crock pot up to High.
- 7Blend the softened butter and flour into a paste and whisk it into the gravy.
- 8Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes, until thick.
- 9Slice the roast into 1/4" thick slices and serve with the gravy.
- 10The left-over slices may be frozen in the gravy in plastic freezer bags.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Tangy Rump Roast
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 3204.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 50.2 g