Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This recipe couldn't be easier! The "tang" comes from the cranberry sauce (one of the just 5 ingredients used in this recipe).
Top Review by ilackey
I made this recipe today. I cant believe how easy it was to put together. The gravy that was made tasted a little like a barbecue sauce.I liked it well enough but would get tired of that particular taste if made each time. The meat was very tender I took the advice of another reviewer and sprinkled the onion soup on the bottom and on top of the meat.
- 3 -5 lbs rump roast, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the rump roast in next.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce around and over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8 - 12 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot and allow to rest while you thicken the gravy.
- Turn the crock pot up to High.
- Blend the softened butter and flour into a paste and whisk it into the gravy.
- Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes, until thick.
- Slice the roast into 1/4" thick slices and serve with the gravy.
- The left-over slices may be frozen in the gravy in plastic freezer bags.