Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Just found this recipe by the Pork Council and it sounds simple and sassy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cups prepared hickory flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place pork cubes in the bottom of a crock pot and top with potatoes and onion.
- Put 1 cup barbecue sauce, mustard and garlic in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce evenly over pork and vegetables, cover and cook on low 6 1/2 to 7 hours.
- When the pork and potatoes are tender, add the remaining cup of sauce, stir and serve.
Sorry, this was just plain icky. I was looking forward to it but the flavors just didn't mix nicely.
I left this recipe out for my husband to make while I was at school. He only used 2 large sweet potatoes and that was plenty. For the bar b que sauce I used recipe#59772 ( I love that stuff!!) with 1 tsp of liquid smoke. It cooked on high for 6 hours and everything was fork tender.
Yes, simple AND sassy! I "kicked it up a notch" by adding minced jalapeno, because it just seemed like the right thing to do. Also, used fewer sweet potatoes (six was a lot!). many thanks, this is just what I wanted!