Recipe by PaulaG
A quick meal for now and later. This meat freezes well..if you have any left that is. This recipe is courtesy of Betty Crocker.
Top Review by Charmie777
We loved this!! I used 2 roasts, but kept all the rest the same. I also added a bunch of pepperoncinis. Served on toasted buns with thin sliced jack cheese. Made for Saucy Silverados and the ZWT #9.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless sirloin tip roast, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 12 sandwich buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the inside of a 4 quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- If beef is tied, remove strings and netting.
- Place the beef in the crock pot arrange onion and bell pepper slices on top.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pour on the dressing.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove beef from crock pot and using 2 forks shred the meat.
- Return shredded meat to crock pot and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, stir to mix well.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove meat from broth and serve on toasted buns with your choice of sides.