Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A quick meal for now and later. This meat freezes well..if you have any left that is. This recipe is courtesy of Betty Crocker.
- Spray the inside of a 4 quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- If beef is tied, remove strings and netting.
- Place the beef in the crock pot arrange onion and bell pepper slices on top.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pour on the dressing.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove beef from crock pot and using 2 forks shred the meat.
- Return shredded meat to crock pot and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, stir to mix well.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove meat from broth and serve on toasted buns with your choice of sides.
We loved this!! I used 2 roasts, but kept all the rest the same. I also added a bunch of pepperoncinis. Served on toasted buns with thin sliced jack cheese. Made for Saucy Silverados and the ZWT #9.
We really didn't like this. It was very bland. However, I used Homemade Italian Salad Dressing and that could have been the problem.
A nice and simple dish. These sandwiches would be really good topped with provolone cheese. It was definitely a nice change from shredded B-B-Q beef sandwiches. I loved the fact that I had a tasty dinner for New Years day and I didn't have to spend time in the kitchen to prepare it-- thanks Paula. Made and reviewed for Aus/Nz #24 Swap Ok, this is the first time I have added to a post, but I had to let you all know that I found the meat to be even more flavorful after refrigerating over night. And it is outstanding when served toasted in the oven with Mozzarella cheese then topped off with fresh basil leaves and some red wine vinegar! You must give it a try.