Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- rice or tortilla
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice, or use as filling with tortillas.
This was so easy to put together, and I was really excited to see what my family thought of it. Sadly, there was very little taste, although the chicken (I used bone-in breasts) was tender. We managed to eat it, after sprinkling ginger overtop, but this recipe needs a few tweaks before I'll add it to my personal files. Sorry.
This recipe has great potential but it just didn't work for me, as is. The flavor was too bland. I do like that it's rather healthy. Thank you.
This intrigued me and sounded like something we would enjoy. It was easy to put together; however, seemed to be lacking in flavor. It was served on a bed of rice and suggested and a salsa was added for extra heat and flavor. Good luck in the RSC #11.