Recipe by Jim Trebilcox
Absolutely flavor filled. Easy to make and economical.
Top Review by Karen From Colorado
Delicious and easy to make. I think I might try it in the oven next time though. Spread that very nice cornmeal topping around a bit. I might also try some diced bell pepper or some mild green chilis when I do. I enjoyed this meal last night.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage (Mexican sausage)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up (Mexican style for seasonings)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (pref. Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the Ground Beef and Chorizo together.
- Drain most of the fat off (but the chorizo has a lot of flavor, so reserve some of the fat for flavor).
- Pre-mix the egg, milk and cornmeal.
- Except for the cheese, put all the other ingredients into the crock pot (including the meats).
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Put the cornflour-egg-milk mix on top.
- Set the Crock pot to high or low.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low.
- 5 or 10 minutes before serving, cover the top with the grated cheese.