12 hrs 15 mins
Jim Trebilcox's Note:
Absolutely flavor filled. Easy to make and economical.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage (Mexican sausage)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up (Mexican style for seasonings)
- 3 1/2 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (pref. Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- 1Brown the Ground Beef and Chorizo together.
- 2Drain most of the fat off (but the chorizo has a lot of flavor, so reserve some of the fat for flavor).
- 3Pre-mix the egg, milk and cornmeal.
- 4Except for the cheese, put all the other ingredients into the crock pot (including the meats).
- 5Mix them thoroughly.
- 6Put the cornflour-egg-milk mix on top.
- 7Set the Crock pot to high or low.
- 8Cook for 5-6 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low.
- 95 or 10 minutes before serving, cover the top with the grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Tamale Casserole Supremo
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.5
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 1482.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: