Recipe by Pepper Monkey
tamale casserole for the crock pot. if you love tamales you will fall in love with this.
Top Review by islandgirl77551
We really liked this recipe but, agreed it needs some seasoning. Next time I will add some chili powder,cumin and garlic to to the meat as it cooks. I had some delays in my schedule and didn't have time to cook it in the crockpot so, I sprayed a baking dish with nonstick spray and baked in the oven on 350 degrees until the cheese was melted.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 large very diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 small tortillas (6-8 inch)
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese ((cheddar, Monterrey, pepper-jack)
- garlic salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.
- Drain grease.
- mix peppers and tomato together.
- cut 4 tortillas into bite size pieces.
- i used a pizza cutter to slice into eights.
- layer tortilla slices on bottom of crock pot make a layer of ground beef layer peppers and tomatoes repeat layers twice top with cheese cook on low 2-4 hours. I usually leave the cheese off until the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
- serve with sour cream, hot peppers (jalapeno), salsa and refried beans to garnish.