Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taken from an iVillage message board. "We normally serve this in a bowl with a bunch of heated tortillas and chips and it's like chili con queso only more filling."
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 283.49 g can refried beans
- 236.59 ml Cheez Whiz
- 113.39 g can green chilies, chopped
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 42.52 g package taco seasoning
- tortilla (optional)
- corn chips (optional)
- Brown ground beef.
- Melt cheese in crock pot and add Mexican chilies and salsa.
- Add meat and refried beans and taco seasoning.
- Mix together and cook on low till refried beans and meat are throughly heated, about 2 hours.
- This can be left on warm until serving time.
These were awesome! One of the easiest dinners I have made in a long time (especially since I had the ground turkey already browned and frozen in my freezer). I didn't have cheese whiz so I used half a jar of cheese pasta sauce and added corn. I also added bell peppers with about 45 minutes left to cook. I WILL be making them again.
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I didnt' have any green chilies and we were snowed in so wasn't going to try and run out for some. I also made this on the stove top and not in my crock pot. We all enjoyed these.
Very simple, yet very tasty. Only slight changes are that I brown the meat with Chopped Garlic and Red Onions. Left out the cheez whiz and topped the taocs with Fresh Cheese. Also added a healthy dose of Oregano.