Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This has almost no prep and so its very easy to put together in the crock pot before you leave for work. It will be a family favorite! This is also delicious with chicken instead of the hamburger.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white hominy
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- grated cheese
- Frito corn chip
- sour cream
- Saute hamburger and onion together until cooked. Drain. Combine hamburger, taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, beans, hominy, green chilis, rotel and diced tomatoes in large crock pot. ( Do NOT drain any of the canned items). Cover and cook on low all day in crock pot.
- Top each individual serving with grated cheese, dollop of sour cream, sliced avacado and frito corn chips.
Oh my goodness! So quick, easy and DELICIOUS!
Delicious! So easy to throw into the crock pot, have a productive day, then EAT SOME GOOD SOUP when you come home! So tasty! I followed the directions exactly! Made for Spring PAC '09!
My mom made this for a Mexican themed party and it was probably the best taco soup I've had. She said she followed the recipe exact, using petite diced tomatoes, but she cooked it on the stove top not in the crock pot. Served with cheese and sour cream. This one will be made again for sure (by me next time!) Thanks for the recipe!