Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my version of taco soup. I love this soup. I have made it on the stove top and in the crock pot. I often make this and freeze it in individual containers for quick lunches.
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 3 (11 1/2 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink.
- Place all ingredients except cheese in crock pot and stir.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until heated through.
- If eating immediately, pour in bowls and top with cheddar cheese.
- If freezing, let cool and place in freezer container.
- When ready to eat, pull and let thaw in fridge.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Also you can make this on the stove top.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and let simmer for an hour.
- Top with cheddar cheese and serve.
Yummers! I made this simple and delish soup on the stove top. I didn't have any kidney beans on hand so used chili beans (pinto beans in a tomato sauce with peppers, onion, and garlic). This was simple and delicious on a cold day. Thanks bmcnichol for posting. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag.
Great soup and so easy to put together too! I put it on low for 4 hours and then it switched to warm -- so it was ready when I got home from work! Sprinkled some WW cheese on top and dinner is done! Thanks for sharing this wonderful keeper soup!