Recipe by Linda
This is a very simple and inexpensive beef stew which I found on lazygourmet.com. We like it in heated flour tortillas with cheese and salsa on top. You could also add sour cream, green onions, black olives, or what have you to them after you fill the tortillas. Ole!
Top Review by Saraghina
This was pretty good and very easy. We will probably make it again. It seemed to be pretty bland by the end - crockpots just seem to do that though. It was great on some tortillas with sour cream, cheese, and a dash of habenero sauce!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll beef pieces in the taco seasoning (I used cubes of round steak and put them in a plastic bag with the taco seasoning and turned it around and around to coat thoroughly).
- Place beef in crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients except beans and cheese and pour over beef cubes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, stir in beans (I had previously cooked a bag of dry black beans, which I used rather than canned).
- Cover and heat through,.
- Top individual servings with cheddar cheese, if desired.