Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs 15 mins
Tender beef and vegetables all so easy to make in the crockpot. Just make a quick tossed salad to go with and you're set for dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 6 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jarprepared beef gravy
- Season beef on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef on both sides in oil in skillet.
- Place beef in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top beef with vegetables.
- Stir together tomatoes with their juice, and the gravy.
- Pour tomato/gravy mixture over all.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
This was very good. The meat was so tender and melted in your mouth. thanks for posting
This was just the comfort I needed. It was great! The left overs will make a great base for a quick put together soup too.
This was very yummy! My family loved it. I could not find the jarred gravy so I used 2 packets and mixed with water and just added that to the crock and it came out great.