Recipe by June Langton
Great winter supper--low-cal too.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Hubby liked this. I skipped the green pepper because I didn't have one, but added chopped celery. Also used canned mushrooms with some juice, and fresh diced tomatoes. I also added some black pepper. Very easy recipe, thanks!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, mustard, and salt.
- Coat beef with flour mix.
- Brown in hot oil over medium heat.
- Place beef in crock pot.
- Top with onions and peppers.
- Add garlic and tomatoes (undrained).
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 2 or 3 hours.