- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round steaks, sliced 1/2 in thick
- oil, for browning
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pieces of steak in a little oil, remove to crock pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, and shallots until just soft.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock, and wine to pan season to taste, cook few minutes until blended, add parsley.
- Pour over beef in crock pot.
- cook on low for 6 hours, add mushrooms and cook for another 2 hours.