Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great do ahead meal for a fall or winter day.
Make and share this Crock Pot Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Brown pieces of steak in a little oil, remove to crock pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, and shallots until just soft.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock, and wine to pan season to taste, cook few minutes until blended, add parsley.
- Pour over beef in crock pot.
- cook on low for 6 hours, add mushrooms and cook for another 2 hours.
This was easy to prepare and smelled great all day. It had a nice flavor, had a little too much liquid, so will cut back on the beef stock next time. Love fix and forget it meals.