Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
For creamy Swiss steak: Place onions and meat in crock pot as directed. Spread 1- 10 ounce can of mushroom soup over meat.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs round steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- Cut round steak into serving pieces.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat in seasoned flour.
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot; add meat.
- Top with carrots and celery and cover with tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high 3 to 5 hours.