Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An excellent 'away all day' meal to come home to...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steak (cut in serving size pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 -8 potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Brown beef.
- Layer vegetables and then beef in crock pot.
- Mix tomatoes and seasonings and cover.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
I made this for Pick a Chef. The flavor was excellent, but I found the meat to be a little dry; perhaps a different cut next time. My husband wanted to quibble with the name. He kept saying this is roast beef, this isn't swiss steak. Anyway, it is a good recipe and we appreciated having it waiting for us when we got home
This was very good. My whole family really enjoyed it. I made it with venison, and you couldn't even tell it was!