Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A hearty chicken meal that your family will enjoy.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Lightly spray crock-pot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock-pot.
- Top with cheese.
- Combine soup and milk, stirring well.
- Spoon soup mixture over cheese; sprinkle with stuffing mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.
- Cook on high 4 to 6 hours.
This was absolutely wonderful! A real star! I used fat free soup; skim milk; low-fat cheese and light butter to lighten it up. I cooked it on LOW for 6 hours (but only used 3 very large chicken breasts) and the chicken was perfect. We were a bit apprehensive as it isn't the prettiest chicken, but one bite and we ALL loved it. My toddler kept asking for more which rarely happens these days! Thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you for a lovely dinner that was quick, easy and really yummy. A great recipe for those hot summer days when you don't want to heat up your kitchen.